Thursday, June 24, 2010

How very, very cool

I have just been listening to John Lutz of UVic about the new digital archive containing the original correspondence between the British Colonial Office and the colonies of Vancouver Island and British Columbia. I thrilled to see this because I have always wanted better access to these records.

My work with First Nations has always had a need to review the historical record of what happened early on, I have been to Ottawa to read some of these files.   Having this available online is wonderful.  I also like it because I just enjoy the history of this place.

Also very interesting, and something I am going make my boys look at, is the Governor's Letters.   This is a website of four lesson plans for students using the orginal materials to learn about the early European history of BC.

Kudos to John Lutz, the 21st century keeper of the flame of BC history!

No comments: