Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some thoughts about old music

Back in the 1980's I worked in radio and had short business as a concert promoter. From 1985 to 1989 I saw 3 bands a week, I was at Harpos constantly. I can not even remember a tiny sample of who I saw.

I was listening to Gods Little Monkeys in the car and thinking about all these great groups from the era, most of which are not only long but I have none of their music.

Jerry Jerry and the Sons of Rythmn Orchestra
64 Funnycars
Plan B

And many more that I will remember later.

In my early 20s music and politics were my life, all sustained by caffeine, alcohol, and THC. I seem to remember being at University as well.

With two friends, Steve Holland and Phil Hoover, I did an occaisonal late night radio show called The Anarchists Teaparty. Better than our crazy show were the posters Rob Passingham made for us - I do not have a single one the left.

I worked at mispending my life from 18 to 24, though nothing to harsh. I have great stories and did some fun stuff such as hitch hiking the Sahara and meeting Peter Garrett and not knowing who was.

No comments: