Friday, July 22, 2011

Blair Atholl International Jamborette

Every two years there is a small Jamboree held by the Scottish Scouts on the grounds of Blair Atholl castle.   In 2012 it looks like four youth from 3rd Douglas will be part of the Pacific Explorers that will be going to the event.   One of the youth will be my son Ben.

Last night was the first meeting of the Pacific Explorers for the 2012 jamboree.   Brian Carr-Harris has been organizing a group going over from the Victoria area for close on 20 years now.   The trip is not only the 14 days related to the jamboree, but several weeks beforehand seeing England, Scotland and Paris.   In total a trip of 35 days in Europe.

The big thing for the coming 9 months will be raising the money to go - it will cost Ben $4400 for the trip.   If I go as a leader, that is another $4400.   Through the Pacific Explorers it seems like we will be able to raise half the money, but that still leaves us a lot of money to find.   Unless I come up with a way for me to raise the extra $2200 needed for me by the end of September, I am going to have to say no to the idea of going.  

No comments: