Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Instead of New Year's Resolutions, a New Year's Theme

Adult ADHD coach Peter Quily suggested I read a post of his from January 2006 - A New Year’s Theme. An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions.   I read the post I am am interested in the idea and have decided to try this for 2013 for myself.

I need to first set myself a theme and them set myself the process for working towards.

The Theme - I need to come up with something that is short, that is a single concept.    What I am lead to in my mind is to try and come up with something like the five testimonies of the Quakers -

  • Peace/Nonviolence
  • Simplicity
  • Equality and Social Justice
  • Integrity
  • Community and Stewardship of the Earth

These are simple single word, or a few words, that express big fundamental ideas.   Taking them as the base of what a theme could look like I come to the following possible theme:

  • A happier and more meaningful life

It is a big theme and encompasses so many possibilities of how I can work on it .   It deals with the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of my life.

Now that I have a possible theme I need to let it rest with me for a day or two to be sure.  Once I am clear this is it I can build my plan.

No comments: