Saturday, April 28, 2012

Some more pictures from Estonia between the early 1930s and 1943

I posted this before, but this is better resolution.  The picture is of the 17th century clock on the Holy Spirit Chuch
in Tallinn - picture by Ernst von Stackelberg from 1938

This is where my mother lived as a girl, the address is Narva Maante 100
von  Dellingshausens lived upstairs, von Dehns donwstairs and von Fersens on the right

My grandparents often sailed on this boat in the 1930s

This is the manor Orgena/Orina, picture taken June 2nd 1943 - my great grandmother was born here in 1870

I should figure where in Tallinn this is

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the place the last photo was taken in Old Town, it's off from main square towards the corner of Pühavaimu and Pikk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurisu-kuupaa/6616740351/in/photostream

The house on the furthest back is the Grand Guild's House, located on the Pikk street. Estonian Museum of History (Eesti Ajaloomuuseum) has their premises in there nowadays.

Narva Maantee 100 by the way does not exist anymore. There's a park on the place where nr.s 100-106 used to be. Chinese embassy is in 98.