Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I have let it get bad

Today was the start of a new fitness program and I have let myself go much further than I should have. I weight 293, which is 70 pounds more than I would like to be. I have a resting heart rate that is high, higher than I have had in the past. It is in the mid 80s just being around the house.

We went and did our first session today at the Esquimalt Rec Centre, we have a personal trainer for six weeks. The focus in the first few weeks is going to be on cardio to try and burn off some of this excess weight quickly. I am clearly not ready to run yet. I still do not like the stationary bikes, though I was reminded how much I do like the Concept 2 Rowing machine.

My goals:

  • Drop a bunch of weight, especially around the middle
  • Be able to run a 10K in under an hour
  • Having a body fat precentage of less than 17%
  • Have a resting heart rate of 60
  • Decent flexibility

I will update on here as things go on and show how close I am getting to my goals

I will post regular updates on how I am doing on

No comments: